Woodford County High School for Girls
Client: Woodford County High School
Contractor: Kier Construction
Project Value: £2,150,000
Year Completed: 2017
The project has seen Woodford County High School for Girls add new facilities including 13 science laboratories, 11 classrooms, computing facilities as well as a rooftop terrace.
Appointed by lead contractors Keir Construction, the M&E elements to be installed by the Kershaw team included:
- LTHW heating system comprising of radiators and radiant panels
- Gas fired domestic hot water system
- CAT 5 cold water system for science labs
- Natural gas system for science labs
- A/C for ICT classrooms, offices and IT server room
- Full integrated BMS system including a head end PC in the existing school
- Mechanical ventilation systems including heat recovery units and extract fans
- Natural ventilation comprising of roof turrets and ventilated roof-lights
- Sprinkler system.
In addition, a new substation, lighting, power, security systems such as CCTV, access controls and solar panels on the roof has been installed.