Wintringham Primary Academy
Client: Cambridgeshire County Council
Location: Wintringham, St Neots
Contractor: Morgan Sindall
Project Value: £1,742,535
Year Completed: 2020
The £14.2million school forms part of the Wintringham development, which alongside Loves Farm, is part of the eastern expansion of St Neots.
Sitting at the heart of the first phase of Urban&Civic’s 162-hectare development, the primary school will play a central role for new families within the first phase of the development.
Awarded the work by main contractor Morgan Sindall Construction, the Kershaw team provided the mechanical and electrical elements of the construction.
The M&E elements being installed by the Kershaw team included:
- LTHW Heating system fed by 3 gas-fired condensing boilers
- Indirect cylinders for the domestic hot water
- Underfloor Heating throughout
- MVHR’s providing heating and ventilation to the toilet cores.
- Dedicated Kitchen Ventilation system
- NVHR’s for classroom ventilation
- BMS system
- Sprinkler system
- A/C to the server room
- Access control
- Fire Alarm
- Lightning Protection
- Power and data