Service and Maintenance Division Join the Elite
November 28 2019
Kershaw Mechanical Service and Maintenance Division are delighted to have upgraded their F-Gas Certification to REFCOM Elite – demonstrating their best practice in refrigerant management.
By upgrading their membership, the Service and Maintenance team have been able to prove to owners/operators that, following an independent third party inspection, they can competently install, commission, decommission or maintain a system containing refrigerant.
As part of the inspection, the team had to demonstrate that they:
- Are licensed waste carriers
- Handles refrigerants safely
- Are compliant with all current legal requirements
- Operate auditable procedures for the proper control of refrigerants and can account for all refrigerant used and recovered
- Use appropriate, purpose-designed refrigerant recovery equipment
- Perform refrigerant transactions with minimum emissions and is environmentally aware
Richard Royal, General Manager, Service and Maintenance Division – Kershaw Mechanical said “We are always looking to provide our clients with the best possible service, whilst giving them the security that we are competent and compliant. By upgrading our membership to become REFCOM Elite, we can confidently offer our clients something that sets us apart from the competition”
The REFCOM Elite membership is a voluntary scheme which demands higher standards than those set out in the F-Gas Regulations. Membership is renewed every 12 months and businesses are re-inspected every three years to make sure they continue to meet the scheme standards.