Refcom Elite Status Renewed for Another Year.
June 11 2021
Kershaw is delighted to announce that it has had its Refcom Elite Status renewed for another year, demonstrating its commitment to providing best practice for its clients by reaching high standards of competence and compliance in refrigerant management.
REFCOM is the F-Gas certification body of the Building Engineering Services Association (BESA). The law requires that anyone carrying out installation, commissioning, decommissioning, repair, maintenance or servicing of static equipment that contains refrigerant must have F-Gas Certification.
Currently, there are only approximately 300 companies registered for Refcom Elite status, which is a voluntary scheme that goes further than the mandatory certification. To obtain this status Kershaw had to demonstrate that they operate auditable procedures for control of refrigerants.
Emma Currie, IMS Compliance Manager, Kershaw Group said “Having Refcom Elite Status is important for us as it demonstrates that we meet the best practices in refrigerant management, will work to high professional standards and that we are willing to go the extra mile for our clients to ensure their peace of mind that they are in safe hands”
The Refcome Elite status demonstrates that Kershaw has the following attributes:
- Can competently install, commission, decommission or maintain a system containing refrigerant
- Are licensed waste carriers
- Handles refrigerants safely
- Is compliant with all current legal requirements
- Operates auditable procedures for the proper control of refrigerants and can account for all refrigerant used and recovered
- Uses appropriate, purpose-designed refrigerant recovery equipment
- Performs refrigerant transactions with minimum emissions and is environmentally aware